Your first experience of Celtic guitar should be just like those first warm days of Spring:
exciting, enchanting and full of promise.
WHAT IS THE GREAT GLEN?
The GREAT GLEN is a mainstay of the Scottish trail scene and lies between Fort William and Inverness in the Highlands. It offers a great introduction to walking amidst the beauties of the country and, with only a few steep sections, a walker will take in the complete length of 3 separate lochs, including the famed Loch Ness.
WHAT IS THE GREAT GLEN COURSE?
Similarly, the Great Glen course will introduce you to the beauties of Celtic guitar music at an introductory level and at a beginner’s pace. Over 6 weeks, you will experience what it is like to walk amongst the world of jigs and reels and you won’t walk that path alone: Andy and everyone else learning with you is there to give advice and feedback through your lifetime membership to the academy’s exlcusive Facebook Community Hub.
In GREAT GLEN you will:
- Master the “standard” DADGAD chords of D major
- Learn the reel rhythm
- Combine various jigs together
- Start to discover modes and how they work
- Begin to understand chord theory
- Receive membership to the Great Glen Facebook Hub.
- Complete your 6 week course feeling accomplished and ready for more.
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
- Use your computer, tablet or phone to connect.
- Video conference with Andy for approx. 45 minutes each week.
- Take time to ask questions or go over anything you don’t understand.
- Enjoy the feel of a festival or summer camp workshop.
- Make yourself comfortable wherever you are.
- Take a week between lessons to practice.
- Receive sheet music directly to your email.
- Gain exclusive access to suitably paced recordings and videos to practice along with.
The video conferencing platform you will be using is Google Meet.
Before the intro course begins, you will receive an email with links for both sessions. Simply get yourself settled in and then click on the link a little before each lesson starts.
All sheet music contain super-clear standard notation, DADGAD tablature, chord symbols and detailed rhythmic direction.
Wednesdays 8pm Atlantic Time
May 20 • 27 June 3 • 10 • 17 • 24
“After 6 weeks of Great Glen, you will have your feet under you. You will have the beginnings of a solid foundation and, with practice, be ready for much more”
“I would recommend continuing with Great Glen until your foundation is complete and then, once your jig and reel is good and you know your D major chords through and through, go ahead and move on up to Rannoch.”
Register Now >>>>>>>