Challenge yourself enough to simply relax and enjoy playing wherever you find yourself.
WHAT IS NEVIS?
BEN NEVIS is the highest peak in Britain. To be at the top of it feels like being at the top of the World. The path to it is long, but definitely worth the journey.
WHAT IS THE NEVIS COURSE?
I was 6 when I climbed Ben Nevis and I can’t say I loved it – until I got to throw a snowball from the top (in July) and then run untethered all the way back down. I’ve never forgotten what it felt like to finally get there and know that it could be done.
Unlike my trek there when I was 6, I know that the path to becoming a fully accomplished player can be fantastic every step of the way if you have the right guide, and that’s why, despite my own experience of the UK’s biggest mountain, I called this course Nevis.
In NEVIS you will:
- Develop your ear by learning to recognise intervals and chord changes
- Focus on ornamentation, especially triplets.
- Learn how to play in irregular time signatures such as 7/8.
- Play in irregular keys such as F major, D minor and G minor
- Learn to barre in DADGAD so that you can play in any key
- Add advanced strumming and picking patterns to your accompaniment
- Develop advanced scale patterns
- Receive access to the Official Nevis Hub.
- Finish each 6 week course as an increasingly more intuitive player who can play with absolutely anyone, anywhere.
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
- Use your computer, tablet or phone to connect.
- Video conference with Andy for approx. 45 minutes each week.
- Take time to ask questions or go over anything you don’t understand.
- Enjoy the feel of a festival or summer camp workshop.
- Make yourself comfortable wherever you are.
- Take a week between lessons to practice.
- Receive sheet music directly to your email.
- Gain exclusive access to suitably paced recordings and videos to practice along with.
The video conferencing platform you will be using is Google Meet.
Before the intro course begins, you will receive an email with links for both sessions. Simply get yourself settled in and then click on the link a little before each lesson starts.
All sheet music contain super-clear standard notation, DADGAD tablature, chord symbols and detailed rhythmic direction.
Mondays 9pm Atlantic Time
May 25 June 1 • 8 • 15 • 22 • 29
“After 6 weeks of Nevis, you will be able to look back and realize that you have just experienced places you could never have imagined going to. When you practice the concepts and material involved in Nevis you will likely have moments when you simply just stop for a moment and think, I can’t believe where I am right now.”
“Then, when you go and play with your friends, or your band, or make a recording, you will be able to take them to a higher level with you and fill them with the same wonder you are experiencing. There is, truly, nothing like it.”
Register Now >>>>>>>
Access to the Webster’s Guitar Academy Nevis Facebook Hub will give you the support of both Andy and everyone else who has ever participated in a the program!